I am Professor of Statistics and head of the Division of Statistics and Machine Learning (STIMA) at the Department of Computer and Information Science (IDA), Linköping University. I also lead the Machine Learning Research Group at IDA.
My research focuses on developing computationally efficient Bayesian methods for inference, prediction and decision making using flexible probabilistic models. See my Research page for a list of publications.
Here are some data sets that are currently keeping me and my group busy:
- tall data – longitudinal data on a quarter of a million Swedish firms
- wide data – classifying documents and text using thousands of covariates/features
- massively multivariate data – 4D (space + time) images of brain activity in 100,000 locations in the brain
- unstructured data – 8 million text documents
- real-time data – streaming sensor data in robotics.
I try to make notes (i.e. keep a diary for my own fading memory) of recent events on my news page.
Disclaimer: Any views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Linköping University, or anyone else for that matter.